Temperature and Humidity sensor

JLM

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola Florida
i wanted to share about these sensors that I’ve been using for over a year. They provide updates via WiFi so I can monitor from anywhere. They provide alerts for max/min temp and humidity. They also keep a record which you can download. I have them in my enclosure plus other areas in my home. If you want the WiFi accessibility you have to have the gateway too. They are a little “spendy “ but they work great. Anyone else using them?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AEQ9X9I/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N17RWWV/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Attachments

• 7C287E0E-212F-4573-B222-8DB6D8B83D50.jpeg
    7C287E0E-212F-4573-B222-8DB6D8B83D50.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 0097F153-15A2-438C-96E8-B28A044D8608.jpeg
    0097F153-15A2-438C-96E8-B28A044D8608.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 34
  • 042893CE-CE96-4CA6-9BD6-302873F8E950.jpeg
    042893CE-CE96-4CA6-9BD6-302873F8E950.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 36

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
I've been using SensorPush sensors and Wifi gateways for years. Never had a problem with a single one of them (I have 10 of them). Great product.

Reactions: JLM

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I too have been using SensorPush sensors and gateway for a few years now. I have 13 of them and 6 more coming soon. I addition to monitoring all enclosures, night boxes, and ambient temps, I also put one in each incubation container for every clutch of G platynota eggs to have and exact record of temps and humidity the eggs were subjected to throughout the entire diapause/incubation process.

Sensorpush tells me they are close to releasing a sensor with remote, waterproof probe now. Also have a desktop version for your computer in beta testing so you don't have to download data from smart phone to computer.

Emy104

USA
i wanted to share about these sensors that I’ve been using for over a year. They provide updates via WiFi so I can monitor from anywhere. They provide alerts for max/min temp and humidity. They also keep a record which you can download. I have them in my enclosure plus other areas in my home. If you want the WiFi accessibility you have to have the gateway too. They are a little “spendy “ but they work great. Anyone else using them?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AEQ9X9I/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N17RWWV/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
wait do you need the wifi thing or could i just get the sensor

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
wait do you need the wifi thing or could i just get the sensor
You can just get the sensor and not the WIFI gateway. That will limit the readings to Bluetooth only. So whenever you are within Bluetooth range, you will get all the info updated to your smartphone and have just as much information. The sensor stores up to 20 days of readings and updates to your phone whenever you are in range. Your phone app stores all the information for years if you want. You just will not be able to get updated information when you are out of Bluetooth range. With the wifi gateway you can get updated info anywhere in the world you have an internet connection. I use that to monitor my temps when I am away.

Reactions: JLM

Emy104

USA
You can just get the sensor and not the WIFI gateway. That will limit the readings to Bluetooth only. So whenever you are within Bluetooth range, you will get all the info updated to your smartphone and have just as much information. The sensor stores up to 20 days of readings and updates to your phone whenever you are in range. Your phone app stores all the information for years if you want. You just will not be able to get updated information when you are out of Bluetooth range. With the wifi gateway you can get updated info anywhere in the world you have an internet connection. I use that to monitor my temps when I am away.
So if I got one for my one end the banking end of my enclosure would I need one for the cool end???

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
That’s up to you and a bit pricey for that in my opinion. I just put it at one end and get a general temperature reading. However mine is 4 and not as sensitive to temps as a baby might be.

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
I have the WiFi because I want to know when I’m at work, traveling, etc. I also have sensors in my dog room and other areas of my home.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
IMG_8639.jpg

I like having the sensor inside, tracking temp and humidity ... it updates continuously so long as I'm within Bluetooth range, and catches up once I return.

IMG_8640.jpg

That, in combination with my camera's ability to send both video and temp data via Wi-Fi keeps me up to speed with Darwin's enclosure when I'm away.

Jamie