Temps

TimCarpenter

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
How can I increase the Temps in newton's enclosure? I moved the basking lamp down a bit but the 5.0 tube uva, uvb light isn't as easy. Any tips. Temps on the cooler side are around 70-80 but majority of the time low 70s. Also the tube light is about 18 inches above

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
The tube light won't put out any heat, so there's no need to move it closer, really. Otherwise, I'd follow Wellington's advice.

jaredherman

5 Year Member
70 to 80 is ok for the cooler side, and his basking temps should be around 95.

TimCarpenter

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
cover the whole thing or just the side i need temps up? and initially i was gonna go for choir but reading through the famous hermanni chris' care sheet he seemed pretty fond of aspen wood shavings. but i might mix it up next time i need to replace the substraight.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
cover the whole thing or just the side i need temps up? and initially i was gonna go for choir but reading through the famous hermanni chris' care sheet he seemed pretty fond of aspen wood shavings. but i might mix it up next time i need to replace the substraight.

Chris has mentioned a couple times that the aspen bit is outdated. I use coir with my HermanniChris baby, and he does well. :)