Thanksgiving left overs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbybirby

5 Year Member
My mom gave me a ton of apple peels and some cabbage (and a piece of a carrot). Can I feed those to my Russian Tortoise? I just want to make sure before I let him eat any of it. If not, what should I be feeding him? I just got him last Friday and I've been feeding him Romaine lettuce. He hasn't been eating in his habitat so I have to take him out to feed him... All he wants to do is dig or fall asleep on his basking rock...

If he can't eat any of that I'll just give it to my bunny :p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Is the cabbage the dark green leafy kind? If so, a small amount won't do any harm. The white bland cabbage is definitely no good.

Joe loves apples. We have a tree and it's a race to get to the wind falls before he does... Given the state of the wasps, I'm pretty sure they're mildly alcoholic, so I'm doubly keen to remove them before he gets there.

Don't feed too much of either, but a small amount as a treat will do no harm.

kirbybirby

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
Is the cabbage the dark green leafy kind? If so, a small amount won't do any harm. The white bland cabbage is definitely no good.

Joe loves apples. We have a tree and it's a race to get to the wind falls before he does... Given the state of the wasps, I'm pretty sure they're mildly alcoholic, so I'm doubly keen to remove them before he gets there.

Don't feed too much of either, but a small amount as a treat will do no harm.

Yeah it's not dark cabbage. I'll just feed him a few apple peels then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.