The joys of living in

reticguy76

5 Year Member
Arizona. Last week it was like winter in Seattle. It was in the 50's and low 60's all week. This week it's expected to hit 90 and been in the mid to upper 80's all week. A couple weeks ago, Cooter was out and about for a little part of the day. Then the last couple weeks it was cold and he was nowhere to be seen. Then this week he has been out and about most of the day and devouring weeds and grass. The fun of living here, one week cold and couldn't find him if you tried. The next week it's so warm he he is out like it's June !!
I totally forgot to snap a couple pics of him out !!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Almost the same here. We're having beautiful spring-like weather. This a.m. at zero dark thirty when I took Misty out for her constitutional, it was balmy, quiet and lovely!

reticguy76

5 Year Member
I hate the heat, but I suppose I will take 85-90 and clear, sunny weather over what most of the country has been experiencing !!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You hate the heat, but live in AZ? Hmmm... You know its still a free country and you can move, right? Plenty of room in Minnesota, North Dakota, Vermont and Alaska. :p

I'm wishing we were having more weed promoting rain, but I am enjoying the good tortoise weather we've had all "winter" long.

reticguy76

5 Year Member
Yeah, I hate the heat but just never mustered up the true will or energy to move. It's great tortoise weather and my yearly weeds and grass have been coming in beautifully all winter so Cooter has come out to snack periodically. He never went into full brumation this winter. Of course, there have been more than usual spottings of wild torts out and about this winter. Just been one of those winters ! I like it, as I get to see little Cooter more !!

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Re: RE: The joys of living in

Tom said:
You hate the heat, but live in AZ? Hmmm...

I'm the same way Tom. Hate the heat and love the cold. Definitely in the wrong place... Haha but I do love it here despite the heat.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well I was born in mich . And I still remember the HOT humidity in the summer . I love AZ and the cool winters and yes the hot dry summers. The sun sets , the flowers , but some times the people are the question :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I love the California weather. Dut we do need more rain this year but already in April, more rain are almost imposiable. I grow all the food for mt tortoises, I need water. Just some more rain please..........