The little ones have really started to eat

kreagerm

At 2 weeks old the little ones are really enjoying their worms. They are pretty much eating them at every feeding but tonight all 5 babies were able to finish off about 4 angle worms, cut up in little pieces. I like to feed them in their soaking tub with warm water (as suggested by you guys), then I place them into their enclosure with some box turtle mash sprinkled with worms, I think they have the hang of this eating stuff :)

n1.jpg n2.jpg n3.jpg n4.jpg

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Nothing cuter than baby box turtles!! Thanks for sharing.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I agree, I am looking to get 2 more EBT little ones myself.
Did you get a permit to keep EBT? I am in Ohio as well and stick to three toeds and gulf coasts. But I've always wanted an eastern.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Did you get a permit to keep EBT? I am in Ohio as well and stick to three toeds and gulf coasts. But I've always wanted an eastern.

Yes I did Lisa, but its a bit of a process. Just have to make sure you have paperwork from where you got it. If being the first time to have permit the ODNR officer comes to your house to check out your EBT, the enclosures, and conditions. My ODNR guy told me as long as you have the paperwork and add them to your permit you can have as many as you want. You are not allowed to take from the wild. $25 annual permit, $40 commercial permit. From the time I sent my check in with paperwork, until he showed up was almost 6 weeks FYI. Could be just my zone, I don't know. I suggest if you get one, get it from an out of state breeder and make sure to have paperwork on it.