The National Zoo massacre

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Serious story...about a fox who raged.....

Most that know, know this wasn't about feeding.....this was what some animals do...they rage and kill everything. I've seen my own Red ears clean out a tankful of baby catfish, just to kill them, they were not eaten.

Early in my career, I worked at the National zoo for a couple years. As a contractor we built the Great Ape House and the Reptile house. I loved being able to "go to the zoo" every day and see everything. I was fortunate enough to meet several of the staff, a couple of friendships developed and I even got to play with an orangutan!! Know how cool that was? Yeah, and the big Silverback was still alive then and used to hock luggies on everyone he could! Tameka, Tamooka...something like that. Anyway, I know these animals mean everything to the people caring for them, those were some really dedicated, special folks.......but part of me can't help but see the irony

.....a wild animal broke into a zoo!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Serious story...about a fox who raged.....

Most that know, know this wasn't about feeding.....this was what some animals do...they rage and kill everything. I've seen my own Red ears clean out a tankful of baby catfish, just to kill them, they were not eaten.

Early in my career, I worked at the National zoo for a couple years. As a contractor we built the Great Ape House and the Reptile house. I loved being able to "go to the zoo" every day and see everything. I was fortunate enough to meet several of the staff, a couple of friendships developed and I even got to play with an orangutan!! Know how cool that was? Yeah, and the big Silverback was still alive then and used to hock luggies on everyone he could! Tameka, Tamooka...something like that. Anyway, I know these animals mean everything to the people caring for them, those were some really dedicated, special folks.......but part of me can't help but see the irony

.....a wild animal broke into a zoo!
I've had several predatory fishes do the same thing. Just have the need to kill any other moving thing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's what I don't like about foxes even though it's ironic. I saw that story. Sometimes they just kill for the fun of it.