Thermostat for Both Flood and CHE?

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
You dont want a thermostat shutting on and off ur basking light. Its fine for ur che but u dont want ur day light going on and off. If ur basking light is to hot then u can lower the wattage or raise it up.

Calaveras

Sacramento area California
I agree with chubbs
For my tortoise the light goes on a 12 hour timer and the Heater is on a thermostat. I am not in love with the ink bird unit. It is a super cheap in a nice packaging. I currently use a proportional vivarium electronics thermostat. I used to use a more basic on/off which is fine, but I can use the new one for an incubator in the summer.

Quixx66

Louisiana
You dont want a thermostat shutting on and off ur basking light. Its fine for ur che but u dont want ur day light going on and off. If ur basking light is to hot then u can lower the wattage or raise it up.
Right now I have only the basking light. I do raise and lower it after shooting with the heat gun but when I’m not home, it’s concerning.

Is there a way to set it up where basking light has lower temp so the CHE cycling stabilizes the temp?

Quixx66

Louisiana
I agree with chubbs
For my tortoise the light goes on a 12 hour timer and the Heater is on a thermostat. I am not in love with the ink bird unit. It is a super cheap in a nice packaging. I currently use a proportional vivarium electronics thermostat. I used to use a more basic on/off which is fine, but I can use the new one for an incubator in the summer.
I’ll check one out. Thanks for info about the Ink it’s brand. It’s all over the River website.

I found some with prices ranging from $30-140. Is one $30-80 okay? Thanks,

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
As long as ur enclosure is large enough the basking light shouldnt over heat the whole enclosure