These two enclosures good for a full grown Western Herrmann's tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Both are too small. The sides are too low on the first one too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
6 ft by 4ft by 2ft is good, write?
The tortoise will not suddenly drop dead if placed in an enclosure that is too small. 6x4 foot is certainly better than 2x4 feet, but for a full grown active adult, I would not want anything smaller than 8x4 feet. That is the minimum. Larger than that would be better. Tortoises need large enclosures. Much larger than other types of reptiles.

Have you seen this?

TortoiseNoob9

Fremont, California
The tortoise will not suddenly drop dead if placed in an enclosure that is too small. 6x4 foot is certainly better than 2x4 feet, but for a full grown active adult, I would not want anything smaller than 8x4 feet. That is the minimum. Larger than that would be better. Tortoises need large enclosures. Much larger than other types of reptiles.

Have you seen this?
However, I have a Western Herrmann's tortoise, so shouldn't it require a smaller enclosure than something like a redfoot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
However, I have a Western Herrmann's tortoise, so shouldn't it require a smaller enclosure than something like a redfoot.
4x8 feet is nowhere near large enough for an adult red foot. That would require a room sized enclosure.

4x8 feet is the minimum for any Testudo. or other small species.

You can go to a pet store and they will be happy to tell you what you want to hear and sell you lots of products that are totally unsuitable, like tiny enclosures that are marketed for tortoises, but not suitable for any tortoise.