They always stick together!

chapdaab

Location (City and/or State)
Dickinson
These four honestly people can say they aren’t happy together but they are they bask together they take turns eating they sleep in different spots but they love to bask together. Never seen any aggression but they are still small!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why would people say they aren't happy together?

Your substrate looks too dry.

chapdaab

Dickinson
I got people saying tortoises shouldn’t be together... due to my allergies I use walnut shells which seems to be working I do soak them and they are active and go outside and I spray them as well

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I got people saying tortoises shouldn’t be together... due to my allergies I use walnut shells which seems to be working I do soak them and they are active and go outside and I spray them as well
Pairs should not be together. Groups of juveniles should be fine. At least until they start nearing maturity and one or more is a male.

Walnut shells are dangerous for them and unsuitable as a substrate. Their substrate needs to be damp and you can't dampen walnut shells. They are also an impaction risk.

You are allergic to coco coir and orchid bark?

chapdaab

Dickinson
Pairs should not be together. Groups of juveniles should be fine. At least until they start nearing maturity and one or more is a male.

Walnut shells are dangerous for them and unsuitable as a substrate. Their substrate needs to be damp and you can't dampen walnut shells. They are also an impaction risk.

You are allergic to coco coir and orchid bark?
Anything tree wise I can’t handle I have coconut door mixed with it I kinda went with what the lady at the pet store said blah I’m learning

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Anything tree wise I can’t handle I have coconut door mixed with it I kinda went with what the lady at the pet store said blah I’m learning
Pet stores are notorious for bad info. Read this one for the correct care info. If you don't grow them in the correct environment, they will pyramid and it is irreversible. Every day that passes, it gets worse.