Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
IMG_5448.jpg

This is Fluffy :)
He is around four years old
He is a male lol
I got him from a middle school science teacher that had him donated to him by a family, he already had another male that he raised from a baby that was around five years old so he couldn't really keep both.

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

This is the shed I built him
Its 4 x 4 and 2 feet tall :tort:
Thats my sister in the enclosure helping me

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

This is the enclosure that I fenced in for Fluffy
I braced the bottom with lumber

IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

This is me and Fluffy for size comparison :):)

IMG_5407.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Looks great.:):):)

What are you doing this weekend? I could use a new outdoor enclosure. :p:p:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks like fluffy is already checking out what is on the other side.
Great pics.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
It looks great! Good job,
I laughed when I read your sister was in the enclosure helping you and it was right next to the photo of the house with the dog in it!!!
I'm sorry , that could be taken to be mean!! But honestly it was not!
I like the tag idea. someone else was just asking about that, and it seems you could really read that one, without getting too close. (For those people who would be scared if they saw a tort walking down the street!) Did someone have to drill a hole to attach it? Seems like it might be worth it
Thanks for posting!
Nay

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Looks like fluffy is already checking out what is on the other side.
Great pics.

Yes, it was kinda disappointing that as soon as he was in the enclosure he wanted out :( Grass is always greenier on the other side lol

Nay said:
It looks great! Good job,
I laughed when I read your sister was in the enclosure helping you and it was right next to the photo of the house with the dog in it!!!
I'm sorry , that could be taken to be mean!! But honestly it was not!
I like the tag idea. someone else was just asking about that, and it seems you could really read that one, without getting too close. (For those people who would be scared if they saw a tort walking down the street!) Did someone have to drill a hole to attach it? Seems like it might be worth it
Thanks for posting!
Nay

haha thats funny the dog thing. That dog is Milo my hairless chihuahua :)
The tag was on there when I got him , the previous owner drilled the hole and attached it so I am not sure how he did that but I can ask him. :)

jaizei said:
Looks great.:):):)

What are you doing this weekend? I could use a new outdoor enclosure. :p:p:p

I am so tired from building this one by myself I cant move my arms haha
I pulled up all those t posts by hand and I drove them all back into the ground . Stretched that fence and everything by hand haha I am so glad its done and hopefully escape proof so that I don't have to touch another t post for a long time

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I thought fluffy was a little guy until the pictures next to your feet, he is a very good looking guy. It will sound funny calling him fluffy when hes a 100+ pounds...

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
that's awesome! it shows that you really care about him!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
I thought fluffy was a little guy until the pictures next to your feet, he is a very good looking guy. It will sound funny calling him fluffy when hes a 100+ pounds...

I am considering changing his name but everyone in the house has starting calling him Fluffy so now I am thinking its too late. The off name is stuck lol

pdrobber said:
that's awesome! it shows that you really care about him!

its been awesome having him around :) he is in the house a lot of the times with me because I am slowly getting him use to the oustide and his shed before I start leaving him out there all day and night. He is use to roaming around a class room so when he goes outside he gets a little crazy and just runs around everywhere. He hates being stuck in the fenced in area :( He is always walking the boundary , it makes me feel like the enclosure is too small for him

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And not one single comment about someone drilling a hole in Fluffy's carapace to attach an I.D. tag. 'Course, its water under the bridge now, because its already been done. But please, anyone reading this: don't drill holes in your tortoises' shells.

You lucked out with Fluffy. He's a nice-looking sulcata. And you've done a pretty nice job on the enclosure.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
And not one single comment about someone drilling a hole in Fluffy's carapace to attach an I.D. tag. 'Course, its water under the bridge now, because its already been done. But please, anyone reading this: don't drill holes in your tortoises' shells.

You lucked out with Fluffy. He's a nice-looking sulcata. And you've done a pretty nice job on the enclosure.

No people Maggie said something in the thread on the sulcata part of the forum :( just so u know I got him that way... I didn't do that.
Thanks , I worked really hard on his enclosure :) I got him for free too so I was extremely happy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He really is a looker. You will have many happy years with him. If you get some cheap thin plywood and cut it into 16" strips you will get 24' of fence covered per sheet. Once you tack it all up to your fence, he'll start to settle down and not be so crazed to get out. Its not the size of your enclosure, its the nature of your beast.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Yay he gets his own thread, he really is awesome...I was wondering if the hole wasn't a good thing but I didn't want to make you sad, so I just mentioned the silver lining ;) I'm sure it's old and healed and he'll be fine now. I love walkingrock's tag, that's really cool.

Good luck, hope he settles down once you block his view :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Tom said:
He really is a looker. You will have many happy years with him. If you get some cheap thin plywood and cut it into 16" strips you will get 24' of fence covered per sheet. Once you tack it all up to your fence, he'll start to settle down and not be so crazed to get out. Its not the size of your enclosure, its the nature of your beast.

Thank you for the advice I don't know how I didn't think of that lol, thats much better than using those thick boards. I think its good I used them to brace the bottom but it would be very hard to use the to block his view too. plywood cut up will work much better

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You could also use cinder blocks or slumpstone blocks. That's what I use. You should only need to go two high for your little man. At least for a while. You could even put them in OR outside the current fence.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i think you are going to need to go higher with the lumber and reinforce it.
I used concrete foundation stakes to support my boards..
You mentioned neighborhood dogs. if Fluffy is trying to get out and has a leg or head thru the fencing.. and a dog comes along.. i think you will have issues...
but nice size pen.. great start!

Status
Not open for further replies.