Thor goes outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
I took Thor outside for the second time today and he loves it. Was probably out there for an hour.

Here's Thor keeping an eye on me :p
ThorOutside5.jpg

And he finds a dandelion leaf!
ThorOutside3.jpg

Now to finish it off.
ThorOutside1.jpg

He tries to eat grass. But still can't seem to bite anything off. Is this normal for a roughly 4 month old? I know they generally don't eat grasses this young. But some people on here have theirs eating grass this young or younger. Is he Capable of eating it and just doesn't want to, or are some not capable until they get a little bigger? He probably tried to eat different pieces of grass 20+ times out there, so I think he wants it just can't get it.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Grass is kinda tough and he may not have the sharp beak or the body weight to break off the grass blades. It is good that he is eating it so young, so keep that going.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Greg T said:
Grass is kinda tough and he may not have the sharp beak or the body weight to break off the grass blades. It is good that he is eating it so young, so keep that going.

Well he isn't eating it, but seems to have a taste for it. He tries and tries to no avail. But if I finely chop it and put it on some of his greens, he wants nothing to do with it of course.

He seems to be super active outside. Although he isn't inactive inside. So I may feed him his greens outside and put the finely chopped grass on it and see what he does while being out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.