Those crazy Torts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear929

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Everything I have bought for my torts for a water dish, they have immeditely knocked over. I finally broke down and bought the expensive dish at the pet store (should have bought it from the beginning!) So I put it in the enclosure last night. I also finally bought reptocal. I have used it for other torts in the past, with no problem. This morning, I left for work and the torts were just staring at their food. When I got home today, their water dish was full of their bedding and pretty much all of their food! I cleaned out the water dish already, but here is a picture of the distance of where I found the food and water dish. Which, by the way is pretty much where they were when I left this morning. Were my crazy torts trying to wash off the reptical? I think that would be hilarious! The enclosure is much bigger than it looks in the picture and the distance between the food and water dish is much longer than it looks.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 46

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sometimes its pretty hard to get them to eat food that has calcium or Reptcal on it. You may have to just use a small "pinch" of the stuff, and cover it with fresh food so they don't smell it on top of the food.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.