Thoughts on these greens from my yard?

Ramsey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego California
This site certainly has no shortage of opinions, so I'd like to solicit a few on whether or not this would be good meal for my baby leopard.

We just cut these a minute ago from the backyard. The grass is standard fescue mix (although I'm sure there's Bermuda in there too). The leaves are from my huge hibiscus plant. I can also offer the flower too.

Everything is 100% organic, chemical free. My guy is between 4-5 mos old.

Thanks

IMG_20170122_110043.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's no reason in the world for you to not offer that to your baby. Just be prepared, he may not be interested in the grass. Some leopards eat a lot of grass (mine do) and some would rather not eat grass.

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
Thanks. I mixed up an even amount of hibiscus, grass and romain. I'm watching him eat now.

He separated the hibiscus and discarded it. He's mowing down the grass and romain.

yillt

This site certainly has no shortage of opinions, so I'd like to solicit a few on whether or not this would be good meal for my baby leopard.

We just cut these a minute ago from the backyard. The grass is standard fescue mix (although I'm sure there's Bermuda in there too). The leaves are from my huge hibiscus plant. I can also offer the flower too.

Everything is 100% organic, chemical free. My guy is between 4-5 mos old.

Thanks

View attachment 197716
Well done, it looks delicious (well.. to a tortoise.) Mine doesn't eat grass but if they do, it makes everything a lot easier and cheaper.