Three toed and eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
So , I have a three toed box turtle that is full grown and is a male , two days ago got a male eastern turtle andd he is small not full grown yett , and I put them together , so far there doin fine I think : what are some ways to tell if they are unhappy with the other turtle in the cage or anything - is it okay to keep these turtles together ?

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I think the big concern at the moment would be that the new one was not quarantined. He could be carrying parasites and such that would endanger your first one...I'm sure more experienced keepers will chime in here with more info.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
In my enclosure, I keep a 30 year old female Ornate, and three juveniles..two Eastern's, and 1 Three Toed. Mine were all CB and I know where they came from. I would never get a wild caught boxie and put it in with my other ones, unless it had a Vet visit and was quarantined for a while. Some people won't mix species, but I do. This is just my opinion, and what I do.

chadk

10 Year Member!
The larger may male to mount and bully the smaller one. But if you provide plenty of room areas to burrow\dig, good hides, etc where they can find places to hang out away from each other, then that can really help. If they are stuck in a tiny glass tank or other confined area, then it could be bad. If one get's stressed, you could end up with a sick or even dead turtle. Keep a close eye on activity level, eating, and poo'ing.

More info here:
http://www.aboxturtle.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.