Throwing a Birthday Party for Torts!

Have you thrown a Birthday PArty for your Torts?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Dear all,

My torts turn one in October (pretty long way to go) but I'm already thinking of having a birthday party for my torts. My husband thinks that's a little OTT (over the top) and that torts don't need to celebrate their birthdays. But I was thinking mebbe just a small mazuri meatball cake for them (no candles). What else would be good for a Tortoise Party? Any ideas on what I can do for them?

My husband said I can have a party so long as I don't invite our friends. hahaha. They don't share the same enthusiasm for torts as we do. They think we're stark raving mad as it is.

Has anyone thrown a tortoise birthday party before?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't do it for animals period. Not that i think anything is wrong with it, sorta, a little over the top:p :D I,like Zamric, don't like doing them. But, don't forget pics of your party. I would love to see a pic with the party hats on:D

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I wouldn't say it was a party per se, but I give mine a special treat (like a strawberry shortcake tort version, melon for the "cake" topped with strawberries and calcium powder for the frosting) and use it as an excuse to get her a present, like a new plant or something.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not my style, but to each his/her own.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I want to do something for Emrys' birthday, but I don't know what. It won't be a party, but he needs a present or a treat.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies. My husband laughed out loud when he saw my post and he especially liked wellington's reply and said "told you it was over the top!"

@aldabraman - Yep! you'd have to celebrate a few birthdays every day! IT's a constant celebration :p

@jacob - yet! are you planning one soon??

@cherylim - yeap that's what I was thinking too.. just a special day for them like what fhintz said.. to get them a present or something.

We're actually a newly wed couple and we don't have kids yet. Given the fact that the torts are like so easy to care for (relatively to kids who scream, cry, yell back, poop constantly and wake you up at all hours) I thought it'll be nice to have a little celebration! It'll prob last for one hour (which is approx the amount of time it takes for them to eat a mazuri meatball cake).

WE're lucky that our torts were hatched lovingly (by a home breeder) and their birthdates and even their hatching was documented, so we are very fortunate to know the exact date they hatched.

hehehe IF I do have one (which will be a looonnngg time from now) I'll remember to make them little hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.