Timer for lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I got a zoo-med timer for my lights and I can not for the life of me figure it out!! it will not turn off at the set time and so I am forced to turn it off and then back on each day any ideas what the issue is?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
Sorry....I was incorrect about the brand it's an exo terra Dual timer and it times two lights at a time,...or it's supposed to. I thought I was doing what I was supposed to but I just watched a video with a similar timer and I think I was doing it wrong...testing now..hopefully I can get this to work right...I'm supposed to go on vacation in March and I want to be reassued she is getting her light when she's supposed I don't trust anyone but me to wake up early enough to turn her lights on in time.

I figured it out!! you have to depress all the little black thingys between your desired on time and off time additionally it helps to have the red switch covering the "I" so that the little clock is showing I misunderstood and thought that it was on the timer if switched to the clock.....I had red hair but I'm a bit blonde sometimes!! lol all good now!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it doesn't work out for you. Home Depot has an electrical strip. One side is timed the other side not. It has room for four appliances on each side. You can also set it to go on and off randomly, that's more for household lights, for when no one is home and you can also set the timed side to come on with the press of a button. , It's 20-25.00. I use two of them. One for my tort, one for my Uro. It also has a battery back up for power outages. It's a little difficult at first to set it, but once you figure it out, it works great.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
I will have to look into that one too...I got the exo terra to work finally but I also got it on sale for 10$ at Petsmart and I have an extension cord going into it to accomodate my 3 fixtures....so far so good when I went to bed last night the lights had turned off and when I woke up this morning the lights were on if I have any more troubles with it though I will for sure be upgrading to a better timer. thanks for the info on the home depot option.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
wellington said:
If it doesn't work out for you. Home Depot has an electrical strip. One side is timed the other side not. It has room for four appliances on each side. You can also set it to go on and off randomly, that's more for household lights, for when no one is home and you can also set the timed side to come on with the press of a button. , It's 20-25.00. I use two of them. One for my tort, one for my Uro. It also has a battery back up for power outages. It's a little difficult at first to set it, but once you figure it out, it works great.

I just bought this timer strip from Home Depot. I thought the 4 timed outlets could each be set to come on/off at different times but after setting them, they all turn on/off at the same time. Am I not setting it correctly or is this how it works?

nearpass

10 Year Member!
rhondak said:
wellington said:

I just bought this timer strip from Home Depot. I thought the 4 timed outlets could each be set to come on/off at different times but after setting them, they all turn on/off at the same time. Am I not setting it correctly or is this how it works?

I think I have the same strip, got mines at Lowe's though. As best as I can tell, the four timed outlets all go on and off at the same time, though you can program them to go on and off a different times on different days. In other words, they can all go on at 7:00 on Monday, 8:00 on Tuesday, not at all on Wednesday, and off at different times, too. I think there are fancier strips that you can time some differently, but I wouldn't know where to find one, and suspect it would be quite expensive.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yeah, most timers are set up so the timed plugs go on and off at the same time.

It would be really nice to have a single timer strip with several plugs on a different schedule, indeed. Nearpass is probably right, it would be $$$$$

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
lynnedit said:
Yeah, most timers are set up so the timed plugs go on and off at the same time.

It would be really nice to have a single timer strip with several plugs on a different schedule, indeed. Nearpass is probably right, it would be $$$$$

That's why you make your own. :p

547gnr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.