timer failed

kkoots16

I just arrived home and saw that our timer didn't shut off our lights at 7 p.m. as planned, as it has been doing. Little George was up way past normal and eating the last little bit of his food in his dish and the lights went off and now he is so confused. He's falling asleep on his substrate outside of his hide and he won't go into his hide because I think he's so tired and just messed up. Should I just leave him and let him sleep wherever and then eventually go into his hide? He fell asleep and I think heard the sound of my voice because I laughed and I woke him up and scared him and now he's just freaked out. :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww, poor fella. I would leave him be to do as he pleases. He will get it figured out and if not, he will just come up with a different schedule and a different sleeping spot. I am assuming he is inside correct? Cuz, if he is outside and the hide is the only heated spot, then I would put him in it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
They don't like change do they. I would put him in his hide and turn the lights off. He will sort it out and get back on schedule.

kkoots16

He is inside. I am in Cleveland and it's too chilly for him to be outside even though it's June. He's very warm and cozy; my humidity and heat are good. I just felt so terrible and worried that I screwed him all up. Just when he would look at me when I called his name and come to me for things and I screw up the timer up somehow. Poor george

kkoots16

He is now going into his hide. Thank you for your help. Before he went in he rubbed his head with his forearms for several moments. Once done he went into his hide. I hope I did not screw him up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't worry, he will be just fine and back to normal after a good nights sleep.