Baby sleeping most of the time?

FeebeeDeebee

Location (City and/or State)
Haworth, West Yorkshire
Is this normal? My 5 month old Horsfield sleeps an awful lot, comes out about 9 or 10 am, falls asleep under his basking lamp, eats a bit and may have a wander then falls asleep again...he then goes into his hide around 3 or 4pm and sleeps till morning...getting a tad concerned as he's not very active or have I just got a lazy boy?
Thanks

FeebeeDeebee

Haworth, West Yorkshire
My 5 month old tort sleeps most if the time is this normal? I've had him just over a month and he came from a good breeder and is generally healthy otherwise...he comes out about 9 or 10 am, falls asleep under his basking lamp, eats a bit and may have a wander then falls asleep again...he then goes into his hide around 3 or 4pm and sleeps till morning...getting a tad concerned as he's not very active or have I just got a lazy boy?
Thanks

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My tortoises generally come out in the morning to eat and then go back to sleep. They pop out again during the late afternoon to roam around or get some water then back to bed until the morning. Different tortoises act differently, but babies take it easy. As long as he is eating well, his eyes are not all watery and his poo looks normal, don't worry.

FeebeeDeebee

Haworth, West Yorkshire
My tortoises generally come out in the morning to eat and then go back to sleep. They pop out again during the late afternoon to roam around or get some water then back to bed until the morning. Different tortoises act differently, but babies take it easy. As long as he is eating well, his eyes are not all watery and his poo looks normal, don't worry.
Thank you! Yes he's otherwise fine eating and pooping fine...I'll stop worrying :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Baby tortoises do sleep a lot. Just double check all the temps, humidity, etc too make sure it's not for any other reason then the fact it's a baby.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Babies sleep a lot. If he is eating and is some what active for a bit you are fine.