Timothy hay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, ON
I was just wondering if this is okay to give my leopard tortoise some to mix up it's diet....
Kaytee Timothy Hay Plus? It has marigolds in it not sure of the "type". I have read posts on here about marigolds however the bag doesn't label the type.

Can i feed my tortoise different grasses for this? ie. orchard grass, botanical hay, oat hay, alfalfa hay?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553776

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can offer it, but most leopards aren't much into grass or hay. Neal posted a study recently that demonstrated the babcocki subspecies (the most commonly kept one here) does not eat a lot of grass in the wild. Most of the diet was broadleaf plants and succulents.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My leopard doesn't like grass or hay. Haven't gotten him attached to the Mazuri yet either:( he is 19 months.

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Hamilton, ON
do you have the link to the study? thanks for answering btw

Tom said:
You can offer it, but most leopards aren't much into grass or hay. Neal posted a study recently that demonstrated the babcocki subspecies (the most commonly kept one here) does not eat a lot of grass in the wild. Most of the diet was broadleaf plants and succulents.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
With our 3 lep kids i have notice Tiny Tikii eats several diffrent types grasses but mainly likes the more broad leaf grass the most, then he moves onto others and clovers ect ect ect, where as fat piggy Javari likes dead brown dried grasses then moves on to other plants/weeds, then baby Kitwana could care less about grass of any type and is more intrested in plantains, clovers and other weeds. So now that its to cold for them outside each day i go out and pick some of everything so they can pick thru it when i place it in there enclosure.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.