Tiny, Handicapped Painted

Jenni

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Hey ya'll... you've all been SO great with me and my leopard tort. I haven't talked about this yet, but I also have a painted turtle... he's super young.. months old, I think I found him when he was just a couple days old, had him for maybe 4 mo now, maybe?? Have pics from the day I found him up until tonight. He has no use of his back legs, which is why he was not released to the turtle pond down the street from us immediately. I literally peeled him off my driveway when I spotted him. Omg, so sad... I don't even know how he made it here. I know this is a tort forum so if someone can refer me to another forum, that would be GREAT, and if not, maybe i could privately message you for advice?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey ya'll... you've all been SO great with me and my leopard tort. I haven't talked about this yet, but I also have a painted turtle... he's super young.. months old, I think I found him when he was just a couple days old, had him for maybe 4 mo now, maybe?? Have pics from the day I found him up until tonight. He has no use of his back legs, which is why he was not released to the turtle pond down the street from us immediately. I literally peeled him off my driveway when I spotted him. Omg, so sad... I don't even know how he made it here. I know this is a tort forum so if someone can refer me to another forum, that would be GREAT, and if not, maybe i could privately message you for advice?

We have a turtle section on the forum. If you start a new thread there, you'll get more responses from the people who know more about turtle care.

N

no one

Lovely pond, you could find me there a lot if I lived nearby.

How is your tortoise doing Jenni? Really hope things will work out. I have a baby Indian Star at the moment and now how you can worry over these little guys.

Jenni

Tortoise Club
Lovely pond, you could find me there a lot if I lived nearby.

How is your tortoise doing Jenni? Really hope things will work out. I have a baby Indian Star at the moment and now how you can worry over these little guys.

We walk through there every day with the kiddos, weather permitting of course, nice place to go alone in the evening with a glass of wine too :)

Peanut appears to be doing well, but who knows really? I'm just so worried about how he was cared for for the first few months of his life. I'll just keep weighing him, and making sure he's eating the right stuff etc. Thanks for thinking of us. :)

Awww... Indian Stars are so cool :)

Jenni

Tortoise Club
I have a painted turtle... he's super young.. months old, I think I found him when he was just a couple days old if not younger, had him for maybe 3 mos now, maybe less, I'd have to check. My guess is a larger bird (we have a ton of hawks around here) picked him up after he hatched and dropped him in our drive, there's no way he walked all the way on his own. He has no use of his back legs other than being able to retract them (which is why he was not released to the turtle pond down the street from us immediately.) I think they fried. I literally peeled him off my driveway when I spotted him... poor baby.

Anyway. Just thought I could start here for some advice on caring for this little dude... The photos I'm posting are from the moment I found him up until last night. There are two photos of him next to a key fob, one was from the day I found him and where I found him, the second was taken last night. Also, I've included photos of where his home should be down the street. Also a pic of an adult that wandered by that I just had to get a picture of next to our little guy (before walking it back over to it's home.) I want to badly to release our little one back to his home but with no use of his back legs, I don't know how he'd make it?? :(

OMG why did this post here???? Sorry guys. I did find the correct the area of the forum, this was an accident. Why can't I delete it?? Disregard -sorry

Jenni

Tortoise Club
I'm sorry, I really have no idea why or how my painted thread was posted here, I had two tabs open, one for the turtle threads and one for this one. Why won't it allow me to delete it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was in the process of moving the water turtle portion from the leopard section to the water turtle section when you made the other thread. When I saw the new thread, I merged the two together. I'll try to delete the duplicates.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I'm sorry, I really have no idea why or how my painted thread was posted here, I had two tabs open, one for the turtle threads and one for this one. Why won't it allow me to delete it?
You can't delete a thread. Only mods can do that. They can merge threads together or move a thread to the appropriate forum. You can edit posts for a short time.

Jenni

Tortoise Club
I was in the process of moving the water turtle portion from the leopard section to the water turtle section when you made the other thread. When I saw the new thread, I merged the two together. I'll try to delete the duplicates.

Thank you! That was bizarre. I never posted it twice. Must have been due to the fact that I had two separate tabs open.