Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Hi there again.
I love the Carolina Pet Supply site...I want to get the TNT. There is an option for with or without probiotics...The probiotics look like a good idea, but is there any reason not to get them?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I couldnt think of a single reason not to get the probiotics, so I opted for mine with. Joe, the owner of Carolina Pet Supply is a Doctor of Chiropractics I believe and has been raising Torts for 40 years. He created the TNT Supplement and thats got to say something.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
fantastic! thank you for your first hand input...

And Calvin thanks you too:D

S

stells

i would only give probiotics if the tortoise has either been ill or has a lack of appetite :) Giving them all the time will unbalance the natural gut flora and cause problems instead of actually helping. if it was me i would get the stuff without them unless you think there is a problem where probiotics will benefit. :)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
maybe I should get one of each...he is on Panacur now so I think the Probiotics might be a good idea for a few weeks. But I see what you are saying about "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
stells said:
i would only give probiotics if the tortoise has either been ill or has a lack of appetite :) Giving them all the time will unbalance the natural gut flora and cause problems instead of actually helping. if it was me i would get the stuff without them unless you think there is a problem where probiotics will benefit. :)

I got mine without for this very reason.
(Still have to pick'em up 'cause customs held'em back... :-\)

trogdor89

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I would think the probiotics might make some of the bugs resistant over time. I would go without it unless there is a need.
TestudoGeek said:
stells said:

I got mine without for this very reason.
(Still have to pick'em up 'cause customs held'em back... :-\)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
i didn't think the probiotics have anything to do with parasites...just the intestine and gut health (balance of good and bad bacteria)?

Status
Not open for further replies.