Tort table

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hi to all I need some advice I am building a bigger table for my two leopard's 3' x 6' I was thinking of putting a piece of plexuses glass on half of the top with a heat panel under it to keep in some humidity the other half would be open with heat lamp an che just an idea they are in a 2' x 3' table now I have some time on my hands so I'm building a bigger one for when they grow up an want to make it right any advice will help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you consider just buying a big tub that size? Vision makes one and so does Waterland. They work much better than tortoise tables and they never leak or rot. I'll never use wood or build my own again. Now, I might build a rack to hold my new tub, but thats a different story.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Corey:

I deleted your other thread because it was a duplicate of this one. Most everyone on the forum reads every thread, so there's no need to post the same thing twice. And non-members seeking to read about enclosures would be able to read this thread by choosing the "enclosure" topic on the home page.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
emysemys said:
Hi Corey:

I deleted your other thread because it was a duplicate of this one. Most everyone on the forum reads every thread, so there's no need to post the same thing twice. And non-members seeking to read about enclosures would be able to read this thread by choosing the "enclosure" topic on the home page.

Thanks I'm a newbie at this sorry

Corey

M

Maggie Cummings

I have several large tort tables and each one is lined with shower curtain liners and none leak. The box turtle one is the oldest and wettest and it doesn't leak. It has 2 wooden doors covering the top and it is always warm and humid inside. The front is a clear Plexiglas and that makes it nice for seeing the turtles...
I'd post pictures but my son upgraded my computer system and I don't have access to most of my stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.