Tortoise acting weird

Mr. RussianTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
My Russian Tortoise has been acting strange today. I was preparing endive + Romaine + dandelion weeds + watercress + Mazuri pellet + Repcal (I only give him mazuri every two weeks). As usual he is still sleeping since he only wakes up around 9 or 10 so I just left him be. After a few hours I went to check on him and he has woken up but was in the same place as before. I was a bit confused and thought maybe he was stuck so I wiggled the food, he noticed it and ran towards it... but then swerves around and walks around the enclosure? Eventually after a few laps he walks towards the food and he strangely stops every few steps before reaching his food and eating. Relieved I went back to do my own stuff. After about 30 minutes I went back down to check on him but I saw him on the other side of the enclosure leaning his head against the wall and only eating half of the food. This has been going on for three days. he rushes to eat the food but then only eats half? He is currently sleeping under the substrate, should I be concerned by this behavior?
Temp: Ambient 78-86, basking 90-95
Substrate: Reptibark
Diet: weeds and grocery greens
Supplement: Rep cal and reptivite.
Enclosure size: 8' x 4'
Lighting: Incandescent flood bulb, CHE, Reptisun 10.0
Humidity: 50-65

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Everything as far as enclosure sounds right on
Have you noticed any poop?
Maybe give him a nice long warm soak in a big container like your tub so he can move around a lot. Maybe he is a bit constipated, just a thought.

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
Everything as far as enclosure sounds right on
Have you noticed any poop?
Maybe give him a nice long warm soak in a big container like your tub so he can move around a lot. Maybe he is a bit constipated, just a thought.
I gave him a bath 2 days ago and about to give him one today. He pooped yesterday but it was in little pieces. If he is a little constipated should I be concerned?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he doesn't poop for a few days yes. But giving a long, like an hour, in a large container, keeping him moving a lot of the time, will help pass things along if he is.
As long as he did poop yesterday, it's not a big concern yet. But still do the long soak.

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
If he doesn't poop for a few days yes. But giving a long, like an hour, in a large container, keeping him moving a lot of the time, will help pass things along if he is.
As long as he did poop yesterday, it's not a big concern yet. But still do the long soak.
I gave him a 18 min soak in warm water in a big container. He moved a lot in the water scratching at the walls. Thankfully he pooped two poop while in the bath. I set him back in his enclosure and has started eating.