Tortoise Active But Not Eating

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning everyone!

My Spur-thighed Tortoise is active but she hasn't eaten for the last few days. I think could be partly due to the weather but anyway I have booked a vet appointment so that Jacky who is 88 can have a check up.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

My Spur-thighed Tortoise is active but she hasn't eaten for the last few days. I think could be partly due to the weather but anyway I have booked a vet appointment so that Jacky who is 88 can have a check up.

Natrah
Jacky has started eating and I am so relieved. I am still keeping that appointment before she goes into hibernation.

Natrah

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be careful of the vet. You know how little they can know.
Has your weather been extremely hot? Like most other things, too hot temps makes it hard to want to eat. Always keep them hydrated thru those times
I'm sure she is fine.

MaNaAk

Southend
Just be careful of the vet. You know how little they can know.
Has your weather been extremely hot? Like most other things, too hot temps makes it hard to want to eat. Always keep them hydrated thru those times
I'm sure she is fine.
Yes I think the weather has been the problem because whilst you've all been sweltering in the heat we've been freezing. It is supposed to be and it is only now that we have some very warm weather which is probably why Jacky has started eating again. She's had quite a few soaks and again this site is amazing.

Natrah

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Well it sounds like Jacky's appetite is back. But a pre-brumation check is always good. Is Jacky still peeing and pooping normal? If so, the loss of appetite seems less concerning.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I think the weather has been the problem because whilst you've all been sweltering in the heat we've been freezing. It is supposed to be and it is only now that we have some very warm weather which is probably why Jacky has started eating again. She's had quite a few soaks and again this site is amazing.

Natrah
Well you can send some of that cold here and I'll send some heat there lol.
My leopards don't mind the heat but my Russian isn't that thrilled.
Our nights at least have not been as hot as our days.