Unseasonal Warm Weather In The UK

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone!

Jacky my 87 year old Greek Spur-thighed Tortoise was starting to think about slowing down and stopping eating but now she is nibbling again because we are experiencing unusually warm weather for October here in the UK. On Sunday they expect the temperature to reach 25 degrees Celsius so I am going to continue to give her greens and Romaine lettuce for at least the next few days until it cools down again and I can gradually reduce her food. Is anyone else doing the same?

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Jacky my 87 year old Greek Spur-thighed Tortoise was starting to think about slowing down and stopping eating but now she is nibbling again because we are experiencing unusually warm weather for October here in the UK. On Sunday they expect the temperature to reach 25 degrees Celsius so I am going to continue to give her greens and Romaine lettuce for at least the next few days until it cools down again and I can gradually reduce her food. Is anyone else doing the same?

MaNaAk
Good morning everyone!

Clearly this is a popular thread. I was looking for anyone else trying to hibernate in warm October in the UK.

MaNaAk

PollyAda

West Midlands, England
Good morning! I'm inexperienced with brumation so I'll be following Tom's brumation thread. I'll start their fast towards the end of the month for two weeks before reducing temperatures/shortening days for another two weeks.

MaNaAk

Southend
Thankyou for replying Polly,

I suppose I'm experienced in hibernating tortoises but this is very unusual weather for October in this country. How old are your tortoises and what type are they? Mum had Jacky and Daisy when she was 8 years old and then when she passed away in 2008 they passed to myself and dad and eventually to me. Daisy was put to sleep on the 17th November 2022 (I am dreading her first anniversary) and I am treasuring Jacky.

Natrah