Tortoise course

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I have not taken that course but I believe why pay for something that you can get here for free? I have not talked to anyone who did take the course and thought it was worthwhile.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Agreed. I've never seen better, more up to date info than here. Plus its free and "all you can eat".

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are a couple forum members who have taken the course, and they say its quite informative. I imagine they bring up topics that you don't even think to ask about. I think everyone has to make their own decision about taking it or not. Its not something I would take, but who knows, you might really get a lot out of it.

One thing I noticed when I used to belong to the Tortoise Trust YAHOOgroup listserv was that they give you info on how to take care of tortoises in the U.K. I tried to explain something about caring for a tortoise here in Central California and I got shot down in no uncertain terms. According to them, there is no other way to care for a tortoise than how they do it there in the U.K. It made sense what they were saying...a dry land, grassland tortoise needs what they would get in their home turf...dry, hot, grass and weeds, but I was trying to explain how to gain that in different parts of the world. No...they wouldn't listen.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I took it and it was kind of fun. Not earthshakingly informative, but got some good stuff out of it.

samstar

5 Year Member
Ok I signed up for it, hope I can pass it with flying colours.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
samstar said:
Anyone done this course? Any good?

http://www.ttinstitute.co.uk/
I'm taking it now.I've finished three sections of it and hace found it to contain a lot of good info.Well put together.The only problem I've had is receiving the next lesson.I've sent two email asking for my fourth lesson,with no reply.Sometimes it takes a little while..But as far as the content and design of the course,I give it a thumbs up.

Jeff Scott

samstar

5 Year Member
jackrat said:
samstar said:
Anyone done this course? Any good?

http://www.ttinstitute.co.uk/
I'm taking it now.I've finished three sections of it and hace found it to contain a lot of good info.Well put together.The only problem I've had is receiving the next lesson.I've sent two email asking for my fourth lesson,with no reply.Sometimes it takes a little while..But as far as the content and design of the course,I give it a thumbs up.

Jeff Scott

I've signed up yesterday, now awaiting their email, lets hope it's not to tough. I'm not so much a book sort of person.:cool:

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Im in the middle of the course it is good and in my opinion its worth the money, even if i didnt pay for it,I got it for a christmas present. The exams get more difficult as you go along. I think its really good anything to help people understand more about torts is definitley worth the 35 pounds, up to now ive got 10 out of 10 in each exam. :)

emysemys said:
There are a couple forum members who have taken the course, and they say its quite informative. I imagine they bring up topics that you don't even think to ask about. I think everyone has to make their own decision about taking it or not. Its not something I would take, but who knows, you might really get a lot out of it.

One thing I noticed when I used to belong to the Tortoise Trust YAHOOgroup listserv was that they give you info on how to take care of tortoises in the U.K. I tried to explain something about caring for a tortoise here in Central California and I got shot down in no uncertain terms. According to them, there is no other way to care for a tortoise than how they do it there in the U.K. It made sense what they were saying...a dry land, grassland tortoise needs what they would get in their home turf...dry, hot, grass and weeds, but I was trying to explain how to gain that in different parts of the world. No...they wouldn't listen.
I know what you mean yvonne us brits can be assholes at times,but A:C highfield that does the course lives here in spain.so tell them that and to stick it where the UVA dont shine. I still think your the best source of info, sod those Ignorant buggers...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.