Tortoise drinking a lot more

ColinS

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi. Just a quick question. I bathe my herman every other day. And just recently seems to be drinking a whole lot more. Eating well. Pooing/weeing well too. Is this something I should be worried about??? Always has access to a water bowl too which it seems to never bother with ????? Any ideas or thoughts much appreciated....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hard to really say. Could be nothing and then it could be a medical issue. Can he get to his water bowl easily and reach the water easily? Have the temps changed or a new bulb get put in that could be making things hotter?

ColinS

Manchester
Yes the dish is easily accessible I try keep the coco soil moist. I mist it most days. The temp under basking bulb is roughly 35 degrees. The cooler end is about 18 degrees. And it doesn’t drop below 15/16 degrees of a night. And no changes to the setup or bulbs etc... maybe he/she has just started to enjoy the bath??? .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's possible too. Just keep a closer eye on him for a few weeks just to be sure nothing else changes, diet, potty habits, etc.

ColinS

Manchester
Just an update... tortoise is doing just fine. Kept a close eye on him/her and seems absolutely perfect. Eating all greens offered. Pellets eaten too. Weighs 239g So has gained 50g since hibernation. Does this sound too much/little??