Tortoise escape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
So today, my new Greek learned how to slide the door to his enclosure open and get out. His enclosure is about 8inches off the ground, so luckily he landed right side up, or corrected himself. Now, my dog is locked in my room, and she has a doggy door to the backyard attached to the slider. Recently she has refused to use the door so I leave the sliding door open with the screen shut ( because she knows how to use her nose to open the screen and get out to the yard). She must have slid the door open, and the tortoise found its way out to the backyard!!! I was at work, and got a text from my dad asking if I wanted him to bring it inside.....here I was thinking it was inside, so I called and asked him what he was talking about and was shocked to find out he made his way out. So glad my dog didn't harm him. Locks have been added to the doors.

He really wants to be outdoors!!

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Sheesh, escaped like a lil ninja, lol. Glad the pooch didnt bug him and all is well. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Yes his permanent outdoor enclosure will be be built soon. He already gets roaming time in the yard but he's gunna get something permanent and more elaborate really soon.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Laura said:
maybe your dog carried her out?

I doubt it. There wasn't any damage and my dog is afraid of both tortoises.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My redfoots can open the big sliding screen door, its pretty funny I have it on video. They can open the screen door and come in but I dont let them

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Is the greek in the modified CL TV stand? So good your dad saw him. I can't believe he opened the door...oh man!

bigred said:
My redfoots can open the big sliding screen door, its pretty funny I have it on video. They can open the screen door and come in but I dont let them

This is too cool! I vote for you to post this video ;)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
Is the greek in the modified CL TV stand? So good your dad saw him. I can't believe he opened the door...oh man!

bigred said:

This is too cool! I vote for you to post this video ;)

Yeah it is

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.