tortoise greenhouse

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
I saw that, too, and saved it in my faves. Unfortunately, I'd have to reinforce it with a wire frame against raccoons and feral cats. I'm looking into other options.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I saw that, too, and saved it in my faves. Unfortunately, I'd have to reinforce it with a wire frame against raccoons and feral cats. I'm looking into other options.

i going to try to make some frame like thing so animals can't get to my babies:D. did the temp stay high?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I purchased a "popup green house" that I used for extending the fall and early spring outdoor season. I didn't try it for cold temps that they are talking about, but I plan too this winter if all goes right with getting it back up. Mine too was like a rain forest and boy was it hot, for me that is.
I love how the torts just have to get in the way and see what's happening. My leopard always does that.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
i going to try to make some frame like thing so animals can't get to my babies:D. did the temp stay high?
I never actually built one. I have to plan something before I end up spending too much money. Also, out temps are too low once November comes around. Our frostline is ridiculously deep here. No tort could survive it.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I purchased a "popup green house" that I used for extending the fall and early spring outdoor season. I didn't try it for cold temps that they are talking about, but I plan too this winter if all goes right with getting it back up. Mine too was like a rain forest and boy was it hot, for me that is.
I love how the torts just have to get in the way and see what's happening. My leopard always does that.

I would love to hear what temps you get since our weather is sim. Iam hoping to do this for my sully as she grows!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I will post my results. I have a south facing yard. I think during the winter months when the sun is out it will work great. The cloudy days and nights not sure how well it will work. I don't plan on letting the torts have access at night or on cloudy days unless I can come up with a plan for keeping it warm.
You having a sully, will have it easier. They have been known to go out into the snow, as long as they have a warm place to warm back up. Leopards are a little less cold tolerant.