Tortoise hasn't eaten for two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristersandris

5 Year Member
My russian tortoise hasn't eaten or pooped or peed for two weeks and I don't have any vets nearby, what shold I do? The tortoise itselft looks healthy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! How old is your tortoise? How warm do you keep him at night and also during the day? How strong of a light do you have on him during the day and for how long is it turned on? Are you giving him warm soaks?

kristersandris

5 Year Member
I don't know how old is she, but I have it for 10 years and when I got my tortoise, she was very small. At day in her house is about 30 degrees, but in night about 20 degrees, and I keep light on(40W bulb) for about 15 hours. I don't soak or wash her.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi hope all works out for you. maybe a nice warm soak. hope someone here helps you. my guys poop after they get in the warm water.good luck.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Make sure the water is warm enough, like a baby's bath. Keep the tort in there for 15 minutes, but don't let the water cool off (add more, or change to a new tub). Your tort may not like it, but it can really help.
You should soak your tort daily for a week then about 2x per week if it is inside.

Need more information about your temps: they need a warm basking side: 30c is not warm enough, it should be closer to 35c. They also need a cool side of about 20c.
Russians need to cool off at night, down to 15c is fine.

Does your tortoise get sun at least part of the year? Russians do well outside. If not, do you have a bulb that provides UV?

russiantortoiselover1

5 Year Member
My tort was looked fine too and wasn't using the bathroom or eating and the tort expert I talked to said to soak her In plain pedialyte and water and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.