Tortoise outdoor enclosure help?

BrunoTheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi, I have a testudo tortoise, and I've recently been building him an outdoor enclosure. We live in Florida, and so there are a lot of brown anoles. These are usually never a threat (at least not to us), but I just wanted to make sure these are fine for my tortoise to hang out with. Also, how should I change the substrate of his outdoor enclosure without disassembling it? I've been posting a lot of questions, and I want to thank you all for responding!

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Hi, I have a testudo tortoise, and I've recently been building him an outdoor enclosure. We live in Florida, and so there are a lot of brown anoles. These are usually never a threat (at least not to us), but I just wanted to make sure these are fine for my tortoise to hang out with. Also, how should I change the substrate of his outdoor enclosure without disassembling it? I've been posting a lot of questions, and I want to thank you all for responding!

I could be wrong, but brown anoles shouldn't be an issue. I'd be more worried about the larger predators in the area. Do you have any pictures of the enclosure? It might be of help answering your substrate question.

Last edited:

BrunoTheTortoise

Florida
I could be wrong, but brown anoles shouldn't be an issue. I'd be more worried about the larger predators in the area. Do you have any pictures of the enclosure? It might be of help answering your substrate question.
Ok, thank you! As for the substrate change, I figured out the problem on Youtube with the channel "Shelled Reptiles."

BrunoTheTortoise

Florida
Also, here in Florida, it rains plenty. Nowadays, it rains really heavily. My outdoor enclosure has a pool net structure, and when I'm in school and it rains, Bruno (my tortoise) will be all out in the rain. I have logs and caves for him in there, but he'd still be drenched while trying to get there. How do I prevent this?