Tortoise Table Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hey Everyone!!
Building my own Tort Table and just wanted to share some pictures with everyone if you need some ideas or inspiration. I am open for some suggestions.
It is not complete yet, still a lot of work todo, adding a platform and a ramp. Need suggestions how to attach florescent bulbs.

The dimensions are 54"x24"x48"
Unfinished Oak wall cabinets and wood trim
with Plexiglass windows (which Ace Hardware cuts to the exact size you need)
Vinyl Tiles
This enclosure will be open top.

Can't wait for it to be all done!!! I will share more progress pictures!
:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:
~TORTILLA!~

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 531
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 377

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Chicago
NEW Tortoise Table Pics!

Hey Everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

The Tort Table is almost finished!! Added the Platform and Ramp, Almost ready to be sanded and stained!!

Here is some new pictures of the progress!
Let me know if you have any questions about the building process
:D

_Tortilla_

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2406.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 177

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Wow, that is really amazing! How much did that cost if you dont mind me asking. Love the cabinets and stone ramp!

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Chicago
theelectraco said:
Wow, that is really amazing! How much did that cost if you dont mind me asking. Love the cabinets and stone ramp!

Thank You! I put a lot of effort and time in to making this enclosure perfect! It hasn't been a cheap project that is for sure, I cannot believe a piece of plywood can cost $20+ dollars!!!
Cabinets we on sale got them cheap, it is all the decorative and wood that was pricey OH and that plexiglas was the most expensive material.

I actually have not totaled the cost yet, I am saving all the receipts of everything and adding it all up in the end... I will let you know, it is worth every penny! Tortilla is going to be SO happy in her new home!!

KingInCulver said:
That place is a palace! Who is the lucky tort that gets to live there?!?!

HAHAHA! Thats would be my new Russian Tortoise; "Tortilla" : )
I cannot wait to see her climb up her ramp for the first time!!!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Tortilla1989 said:
Thank You! I put a lot of effort and time in to making this enclosure perfect! It hasn't been a cheap project that is for sure, I cannot believe a piece of plywood can cost $20+ dollars!!!
Cabinets we on sale got them cheap, it is all the decorative and wood that was pricey OH and that plexiglas was the most expensive material.

I actually have not totaled the cost yet, I am saving all the receipts of everything and adding it all up in the end... I will let you know, it is worth every penny! Tortilla is going to be SO happy in her new home!!

HAHAHA! Thats would be my new Russian Tortoise; "Tortilla" : )
I cannot wait to see her climb up her ramp for the first time!!!

I noticed the wood blocking the entry to the second floor from the ramp..how is that suppose to work? Is that to hold substrate or what?

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Chicago
New! Tortoise Table Pics!

More pictures for everyone!!! So close to being finished!!!

_Tortilla_

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2478.jpg
    IMG_2478.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 211

BamaGirl

5 Year Member
I tried to message you but it won't let me I would really like to get some details on your enclosure its very nice and my hubby is going to start building me one this weekend so if you get a chance send me a message. Thanks

Amy

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Hi Tortilla, the table looks beautiful, very nice wood work. I especially like using cabinets in the build as I'm a fan of making something multi-purpose.
I have one suggestion for you. The amount of weight you'll be distributing is going to be pretty high for having four seprate legs with only one point where everything is tied together. Basically any attempt to shift it around, worse on carpet, or when moving, it's going to be a little sketchy. I would suggest framing in a base at the bottom. A two inch or so platform that will tie the table legs and the cabinets together and make it all around more solid.
Again, very nice work :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Lasciels Toy said:
Hi Tortilla, the table looks beautiful, very nice wood work. I especially like using cabinets in the build as I'm a fan of making something multi-purpose.
I have one suggestion for you. The amount of weight you'll be distributing is going to be pretty high for having four seprate legs with only one point where everything is tied together. Basically any attempt to shift it around, worse on carpet, or when moving, it's going to be a little sketchy. I would suggest framing in a base at the bottom. A two inch or so platform that will tie the table legs and the cabinets together and make it all around more solid.
Again, very nice work :)

I was thinking the same thing, I thought maybe I just over support my builds but better safe then sorry. It's a very nice enclosure tho. Going to be happy tort

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
What a fabulous table! Beautiful.
Benny's plexiglass lid broke this morning so scouring the forum for enclosure ideas to either repair or replace the entire thing

Status
Not open for further replies.