Tortoise table size.

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi everyone,
I have a tortoise table for my 2-year-old Hermann's tortoise and I am wondering whether it is the right size. It is about 90cm×45cm. It can have an extension added but that will be double the size and again, will she outgrow it?
Thank you,
Mia

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is roughly the size of a 40 gallon tank. It is the absolute smallest size I would recommend for a brand new tiny hatchling. It is way too small for a 2 year old. Doubling it will help. Eventually you will need something 244x122cm as a minimum. Bigger would be better. Tortoises need lots of room to move about.

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Uk
That is roughly the size of a 40 gallon tank. It is the absolute smallest size I would recommend for a brand new tiny hatchling. It is way too small for a 2 year old. Doubling it will help. Eventually you will need something 244x122cm as a minimum. Bigger would be better. Tortoises need lots of room to move about.
The extension is 90cm×75cm added on to the 90cm×45cm. The height of both of them is 21.5cm. Is this ok? Or will I have to make another extension?
Thank you