Tortoise Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
After reading all these posts I am now thinking our tortiose table sucks. Our little guy is always hungry walks around all day and is very rambunctious but our other one is sluggish falls asleep wherever I set him including on my lap. Could we be over soaking him. He is very slow but still eating. He only wakes up when we soak and feed him then right back to sleep,ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364360548.444754.jpgour table
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364360574.600672.jpg
Our healthy guy basking on the sidewalk
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364360639.563575.jpg
On the right is out sluggish sleeper

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
With a big open cage like that, it will be harder to heat. He may not be warm enough. What are your temps? Also, I would switch to a humidity retaining substrate like coco coir or orchid bark. Pellets will mold, give bad traction for walking, and you can't keep a humid cage with them.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
It's 80. Ok I'll switch out the pellets for something different tomorrow. What are your thoughts on thisImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364361533.807046.jpg
Should I put it in the cage with some kind of top to hold it in? What about the bark? I feel bad the bigger one doesn't do anything but sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
The entire enclosure is 80minimum? What about your basking spots. I posted my opinion on the reptile fogger on the separate thread you posted about it.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
The right side is the night time bulb, middle is heat at 80 and the left side is uv. Is this wrong?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I am going to guess that your enclosure isn't warm enough. What type of UVB bulb is it? Coil bulb? I don't own Sulcatas, but from what I've read here, the ENTIRE enclosure should be 80 minimum but preferably a little warmer and there basking spots should be 100-110 i think,I would double check a few sources and make sure that's right. It's gunna be hard to keep a big shallow open cage like that warm. A lid would help you keep in heat and humidity. Perhaps lowering the lights in the meantime. I would definately try to make the improvements ASAP. A temp gun will help you get exact temperatures for your entire cage. Analog and digitàl ones are usually way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.