Tortoise Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
I am going to be building a tortoise table soon (with the help of my dad) and I was wondering, would a 4 foot by 3 foot enclosure do? My tortoise is a Russian tortoise and a female but she's only 4 and a half inches long and three inches wide. Is this sufficient space?

akp022

5 Year Member
Yes that's a good amount of space, we just built one for my Greek and its 4'x3.5' and it's plenty of space for him, he's ~6"

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Bigger is always better. Russians need a lot of space, personally i wuld say its too small, or at least on the small side.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no definitive answer for this. Just people's opinions and feelings. Its too small in my opinion. I'd go bigger if possible.

If you were a russian with typical russian tortoise wanderlust, wouldn't you want your person to give you as much space as possible?

Don't forget to build a really big outdoor enclosure for fair weather.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I think the biggest I can go for the indoor table is 4x4. I don't have many places available to put it so I am kind of confined to certain sizes. But I do plan on building a ln outdoor one when the weather here gets nice.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
have you put any thought into going up, instead of out? There are so many people that are out of space to expand, so they just go up!

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
If the biggest you can do is 4' x 4', I would go ahead and add a second story.

Status
Not open for further replies.