Tortoise table for 2 hermanns

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmajh

5 Year Member
Hello, I am soon to be given 1 male and 1 female hermanns (approx 7 years old). They have always lived and got on well together. We are going to build them a large 4 foot by 4 foot tortoise table and thenm a seperate run in the garden. Just a quick question. What should we line the tortoise table with? we are making it out of marine wood, and the wood will be fixed (i.e. unmovable) in a large cupboard space in our house. I need to line the table with soething for ease of cleaning is pond liner the best thing? The do you just put the sand/topsoil straight on top of this? Then we will build a shelter at one end with a heat section at the other and water and and stones logs etc in it. Does this souind about right to all you experienced tortoise keepers?? They usually live outdoors in their present home however we are going to keep them indoors due to our dog! with regular time i nthe garden. also the female is laying eggs (unfertile ones) Should I build her a special nest area on the table in the hopes she uses it as shes just dropping them at present?

thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You can buy different thicknesses of plastic sheeting at the home improvement stores. 4 mil plastic would work just fine. Or, you can use a shower curtain or a shower curtain liner. You could also paint it with a water-proof paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.