Tortoise Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Traverse City, MI
Yep that's right...tomorrow is Tortoise Tuesday!! I have two babies coming tomorrow. I am so excited and barely wait for the morning to arrive. Guess who won't be sleeping much tonight. lol

Vet appointment at 3:30pm - just to ensure they have arrived healthy.

Expect pics this week :D

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
My refresh button on the UPS site might be worn out by morning. lol
I've had the enclosure set up and ready for a week...making sure the heat and humidity was at a good level.
Today I stopped at Home Depot on my way home and bought a single Italian tile with a semi rough surface to use as a feeding platform / basking stone - cost me $1.88

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
LRBailey said:
Tortoise #1 is in the air. Yeah !!!

Tortoise #2 is at the airport awaiting take off. Yeah!!

Your going to have a long night tossing & turning my I recommend a mild sleeping aid LOL :D you need to be well rested for tomorrow :D

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I imagine they will be pretty stressed out when they arrive. Personally, I would let them chill out for a few days before flying off to the Vet with them.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
So, tort #1 has made it from Fort Myers, FL, to Louisville KY....half way here :D

Tort #2 has flown out of Las Vegas, NV...still in the air.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I would be so stressed right now! Congratulations and hope all goes well with the shipping and they arrive on time.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
So, both torts arrived in Louisville, KY....flew onto Lansing, MI.....took one last flight to Traverse City.....and as of 7:36 a.m. they are out for delivery. I sure wish the driver would just get here. Heck I'm only 3 miles from the airport! He can hold off on his other deliveries! :p

Jessicap....just noticed the names of your hermit crabs! I decided against Henri for the one tort as I wanted a duo name with getting two. Simon & Garfunkel are one of my favorite groups and I had been leaning towards that as their names!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I love threads like this one. You can just feel the excitement. So you are getting them from two different folks, but housing them together from the get go, or did I misread?

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
I was thinking of housing them separately for the first 30 days. Tyler thinks putting them together would be fine as they are both coming from good places - one from him and the other from Marcus at turtlesource.com. I'm having them vet checked this afternoon, and will ask the vet what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.