Tortoises dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
I swear for the last couple days the hatchling tortoise has been here it seems like he is dreaming. Its rather cute however, she reminds me of my dogs when they sleep. Her head goes bobbing up and down and its legs get going. So cute. ;)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Vickie said:
I swear for the last couple days the hatchling tortoise has been here it seems like he is dreaming. Its rather cute however, she reminds me of my dogs when they sleep. Her head goes bobbing up and down and its legs get going. So cute. ;)

That's how tortoises breathe. They don't have an expandable ribcage like we do, so they pump their legs and throat pouch. If their head is resting on something, then that makes the head move up and down. So, this is not a sign of dreaming. Birds and mammals are probably the only animals that dream.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Oh, OK TY! I just think it looks so cute. LOL

Vickie

GeoTerraTestudo said:
Vickie said:

That's how tortoises breathe. They don't have an expandable ribcage like we do, so they pump their legs and throat pouch. If their head is resting on something, then that makes the head move up and down. So, this is not a sign of dreaming. Birds and mammals are probably the only animals that dream.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Cute, absolutely! Dreaming- Geo is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.