Torts and their dandelion heaven

Ida K

Went outside today and I'm positive there were at least 30 dandelions blooming. First thing I thought.... tortoise food!!! Ollie and baby Summer are chomping away. Ollie decided to go sleep behind the couch, so I'll have to go grab him after Summer is done in dandelion heaven.
We feed the torts outside of their enclosures to avoid messes. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424644849.545348.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424644915.164704.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow that's a big pile. I get the reason for feeding outside of enclosure, but torts, specially babies should be able to graze/eat all day long, not just when you decide to feed them. Reconsider your decision

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This little guy is very happy as I can see! ! !

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Your tortoise is so cute. He must of been so excited to see all those dandelion flowers.

Do not forget to let some of the flowers stay on the plant so that they can product the fuzzy round thing which contains the seeds and produce more dandelions.

Ida K

Wow that's a big pile. I get the reason for feeding outside of enclosure, but torts, specially babies should be able to graze/eat all day long, not just when you decide to feed them. Reconsider your decision
we keep food in her enclosure also because she eats all the time. usually several types of leaves from the weeds in the garden. She is an absolute eating machine, it's crazy! It's mostly my RT that we feed at certain times of day. but thank you for the advice, this is my first baby.

Ida K

Your tortoise is so cute. He must of been so excited to see all those dandelion flowers.

Do not forget to let some of the flowers stay on the plant so that they can product the fuzzy round thing which contains the seeds and produce more dandelions.
plenty of those! I take the seeds and sprinkle them over the (to be) outdoor enclosure so they can grow and take over that spot.