Tortuga, my baby.

Whayla

Hello there, my name is Kayla, but I respond to the name Whayla. If you couldn't tell by the name, I am passionate about the ginormous magnificent aquatic creatures, Whale's.
About two months ago, I brought a new addition into my family and found a new magnificent creature to explore a passion for. :tort: Tortuga, my beautiful little Red Foot, has become my pride and joy. She is about 5 inches long and temporarily housed in a 45 gallon terrarium while my boyfriend and I finish up her two story tortoise table. (Practically half way there! WHOO!) :D I've never had a tortoise before, but man have I fallen in love. I'm not going to lie, she is far beyond spoiled. I constantly am studying as much as I can about Red Footed Tortoises-environments, illnesses, diet, etc. I feel I can just never learn enough because there is just SO MUCH to know.
I'm excited to be apart of a forum such as this, just in case I need answers I can't find elsewhere or even just to hear stories from people who have been in my exact position when it comes to our tortoise children.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and that all tortoises are happy and healthy!

Whayla

I am not computer savvy, but will be slowly uploading pictures tonight and tomorrow! Thank you for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here and I will wait for the picture of your new magnificent creature.

Whayla

Hello to all, and thank you so much for welcoming me into this new and exciting community of tortoise lovers.

I've been looking all morning for ways to upload or attach photos but I'm afraid I haven't found much. Could someone assist me in adding pictures to a post or possible point me in the right direction? Also, how do I update or change my profile? Such as adding my birthday, sex, or identification photo?

Much appreciated!!

I have figured out the birthday/sex issue, but still no luck with photos....

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
That's great Whayla now tell me how you did it . Cause I've been trying and I haven't found out how to do it .
Thank you

Whayla

SAM_1763.JPGSAM_1767.JPG
Tortuga or "Toot" for short :tort:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeh

5 Year Member
Congrats! I would be building a closed chamber, not an open table. Red foot needs simulated humid tropical climate, difficult to mimic in an open table and especially in drier and cooler climate like Utah.

Whayla

The bottom chamber is a closed chamber, while the top floor will be an open garden area she will have access to. I also have a humidifier for the bottom chamber to lock in more moister for her in my dry state. She's spoiled!!! I cannot wait for it to be finished.