Transport needed for a dog from Taos NM to Calif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
My friend DAwn, is trying to get a Three legged dog rescued out a shelter in NM and transported to her in Auburn Calif..
Anyone from down there headed this way??!?!

More info:
As many of you know, my beloved rottie Raven crossed over the bridge a few months ago to bone cancer. www.raven.tripawds.com

The tripawds forum just posted this boy:
http://tripawds.com/forums/the-tripawd-rescue-forum/rottie-tripawd-in-taos-needs-home-soon/#p33965

A rottie tripawd in Taos, NM at a shelter. This is NOT a no kill shelter and he's been there for 6+ weeks and has no interest. They said he has a few more days. I am hoping they will hold him due to my interest....

He was just evaluated and here is what she said:

1. Baggins weighs 75 pounds and is approximately 4 years old. He may be crossed with a lab or shepherd.

2. Baggins is very friendly, wags his tail and loves to go outside.

3. He has no food aggression whatsoever.

4. Not dog aggressive at all, in fact, he is good with other dogs and puppy's.

5. Despite having 3 legs, Baggins loves to go for walks. He walks happily and is not a puller at all.

6. We did test him with a cat, he had no interest at all. We took cat out of the crate, Baggins sniffed the cat and then the cat hissed at Baggins, when Baggins got hissed at he backed up and sat down. When we put her back in the cage, he sniffed her again and then had no interest.

7. He doesn't normally mess in his kennel, but we don't know if he is housetrained or not.

8. Sorry we don't have a video camera. But, I can attest that he is a beautiful dog inside and out.

How sad is it that this boy overcame all that is involved with a leg amputation, only to end up being put down in a shelter? I want to do what I can! I need help through you all and crossposting to your other dog friends/forums to arrange a Rescue Railroad for him from Taos, NM, to Auburn, CA. Either through AZ to Socal and up. Or up to CO and over to Salt Lake to Reno, NV.

HELP? Time is of the essence!

Thank you so much,
Dawn

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Good luck Laura he looks like a wonderful rescue. :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
The shelter has placed a temporary hold on him.. but she needs to arrange transport..
He seems cool! I dont know if he was a surrender or a stray.. seems weird that he would be a stray
and no one looking for him after going thru all that...

J

jhonydeep3305

Agreee are previous posts that there are only a few Chinese places in Taos, and that I went was nothing special. Personally, I liked the kitchen Michaels sopaipillas good, and price, but I do not know if they serve dinner now, or is only breakfast and lunch. I have heard good things about La Cocina, but never did.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
it was a spammer most likey, who knows what they type and why

Status
Not open for further replies.