Trevor's Second Birthday Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Today we celebrated Trevor's second birthday (hatch day). Compare how big he's got with the hat photos (same hat!). Just the last couple days his tail grew a lot. Its always hooked to the side. I love when he wags it! Any guesses? We're still pretty unsure. Last guesses were female just because he's getting to the size that his tail would be huge by now if he was a boy. He loved the "cake"--Mazuri, canned pumpkin, and flowers (unfortunately from the organic grocer where they cost an arm and a leg so he only gets them a few times a year). I serve that sort of stuff on a baby food lid as it cuts down on the mess. :)

A few weeks ago he was 296 grams and 103 mm (4.06 inches). I now only measure him once a month. His growth has really slowed down in the past 6 months as he's gaining about the same amount of grams per month as when he was a lot smaller, but is still active and healthy so I'll just be glad about that.

From his 1st birthday, when he was 120 grams and 77 mm (3.03 inches).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Trevor pics, yay!! He is one seriously good looking Russian!! I absolutely love his coloring! Nelson's new growth seems to be pretty dark- I love the look of the lighter Russians.
Happy Birthday buddy!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Happy Birthday Trevor. I love your birthday photos. Your mommy loves you so much we can tell. What a beautiful looking Russian you are. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Trevor is still a beauty. I can't get over the hat pictures. I wish I did something like that with Pio.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I got the hat idea from someone on the forum. Trevor thanks you for all the birthday wishes!

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Such a cute birthday "boy" . looks like he enjoyed his birthday treats . but are you ready for the terrible twos?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Happy Birthday Trevorrr :D
Kate, Trevor is adorable! I love him (or maybe her) and I love his pictures! You have one photogenic tortoise ;)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Candy said:
What is that stuff in the jar cap that he's eating?

I'm guessing squash/pumpkin on Mazuri...Kate, am I right? :D

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Yes, "cake" Mazuri with organic canned pumpkin "frosting". If I don't put it on the lid he'll get more on himself than in his belly (for some reason he likes to walk through it and get it on his tummy?). That one jar of baby food was really cost effective because the thing washes up clean. He knows not to bite the edge too--he bites the food and then when he gets close to that he goes gentle. Its cute. :) He already has been in the terrible twos--he has this thing where he loves to scratch on the sides of the enclosure at night when he settles down in his burrow. Its always when we're trying to watch tv or something and its loud, lol. He also loves to rearrange his timothy hay pile (his favorite cage furnishing--he burrows and plays in it). I took out a bucket hide to make the hay pile bigger the other day. We love to rearrange his furniture so its new for him. One of our friends came over and actually remembered where every little thing was in his enclosure 6 months prior--very freaky--and wondered if it wouldn't stress him out to get things rearranged every couple months. I think its good for him as long as its not too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.