turtle cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Has anyone recently been able to get into contact with the people over the turtlecafe.com? I've been sending email after email and I get no response. This has been going on for like....4 months now :(

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
:bump!:

So here's the situation. I placed an order from them in late July or early August. And I still haven't received it!!!

Apparently the original package they sent me got lost in the mail. (took a while to ship) They offered to send me a second package, free of charge which I appreciate. I was waiting for this second package, but I never saw it. I tried emailing them, trying to get the tracking number. After MANY many times of emailing them, I finally received a response giving me a tracking number and they said that the second package had an attempted delivery on the previous day, which was November 17th. So I check that new tracking number for the second package, and it turns out that that tracking number is actually for the 1st package, not the second. And to that tracking number, it said that it was indeed delivered. However, I never received anything. I wouldn't be trying so hard to reach them if I had received the package. I could have used all the seeds by now!

Ever since then I've been trying to get them to respond, but I haven't heard back. I send them email after email after email....is it just me, or does this happen often? I'd hate to lose those $22 I spent on seeds. I wish they had a number where I could call, because I can't get a hold of them through email. I understand they are busy collecting seeds, but come on. I thought maybe they would have resolved this by now. Very dissatisfied customer here!! It's been 4 months!! Wish I'd never ordered :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not defending them but it is possible if the package was delivered when you were not home someone could have stolen it off your front porch.

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
dmmj said:
Not defending them but it is possible if the package was delivered when you were not home someone could have stolen it off your front porch.

That's the thing. I've lived in the same neighborhood, had the same neighbors for the past 10 years. Pretty much all the neighborhood are older folks and everyone just tends to themselves. My dad has left valuable equipment out, expensive tools, even all of our cars unlocked, valuables in the cars themselves, and we have never had anything stolen. Everything was always there the next day. And what I don't get is, well my zip code is 78504. And with the tracking number, it said that it was delivered to 78501. But I've already investigated and practically have stopped the mailman every time he comes to ask him if he found out anything also since he does deliver to very similar addresses, but nothing :(

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Josh said:

Interesting.

I highly doubt that for 4 months they have been having "computer problems". It's just very frustrating to not hear anything from them. I feel like they are ripping me off :(

I don't even want the darn seeds anymore. I just want to get my money back. I'll buy seeds from elsewhere, even if they're more expensive and shipping is overcharged, that way at least I'll know I'll get them.

I now have very low hopes that I will hear from them anytime soon, but I really hope I do.

lincoln3313

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Even though that is a possibitlity, it does not explain their lack of communication. Simply put, their customer service sucks. If I provided that kind of customer service, my company would fold up.

No excuse not to communicate, if even to say that it shows it was delivered, so it is a closed case now.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have heard things like this during several conversations regarding similar circumstances with different people and businesses. I think it is partly due to the economy and peolple are struggling with money. Sad, however sometimes it could be a mistake. Usually if there is smoke, a fire is near.
We have had several people contact us and end up just not having the funding for a purchase once we disclose we do not except personal checks or credit cards. I know of a couple of circumstances where someone shipped an animal and the other person just does not send the money. The interenet is so impersonal, sometimes it is hard to distinguish reality and who is ethical. You did the right thing, post the situation and spread the word about them. Sounds like they actually gone above the ethical thing and was going to send you another for free, that would be a loss for them. Hope it gets resolved, I like the phone better than the e-mail when dealing with a conflict.

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
They did send me an email weeks ago saying it was delivered, supposedly. But that's it. Nothing else. After I got that email I tried to get them to tell me the tracking number for that second package was. But no communication from them still. They could AT LEAST email me to let me know what's going on, or provide me a number I could call. But no.

I paid through paypal, and I have the statement where money was withdrawn from my account to pay for my order. So I KNOW that they DID get my money.

There customer service DOES suck and I will definitely not buy from them again ever ever ever! I'm out $22 though :(.

Carolina Pet Supply rocks! Even though their shipping prices is almost the same as the product itself, at least they communicate with me and I get my order in a few days. So...boooo turtle cafe!! :cool:

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Shelly said:
File a complaint with Paypal.

I tried, but according to PayPal, a dispute can only be made 45 days after the purchase. I did submit the dispute but PayPal just told me to try and contact the company and if I couldn't get a hold of them, then since it's been more than 45 days all they would do is just make a note of this issue on my account, nothing more.

This sucks. I'll keep trying PayPal though to see if I can get them to do something. : (

Status
Not open for further replies.