Two questions re Cherry Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Hello, I am new to this site and just posted my introductory posting under the appropriate forum. (In case you missed it, I am getting a couple month old cherry head in a few weeks, and I've already got just about everything I need for him/her and have done extensive research on red foots.)

My two questions because I feel that even throughout all of the research, the answers vary, are concerning food and pyramiding. First of all, what foods do you red foot/cherry head owners recommend and on what days. My research leads me to believe that you should give them staple greens on one day, fruit on another day, protein on another day. Do you guys have feeding schedules for your little red foot/cherry heads? Also, do you only feed them once a day even when they are young?

The other question is that there are so many pyramiding issues and so much different information out there. My understanding is that if you provide adequate UVB, provide a cuttlebone for additional calcium, keep the humidity right, and don't over-feed them, that pyramiding should not occur. I do plan on letting my tort have supervised outside time, but I do live in Colorado, so regular outdoor time will not always be possible. Any suggestions/information you can provide is much appreciated. I want to make sure to give my new tort the best possible life. Thanks.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
The diet that follows is my two week regime: Weeds, Flowers, Fruit, Mushrooms, Fruit, Veg, Flowers, fruit, weeds, fruit, veg, fruit, flowers, animal protein

And yes you have grasped the idea of pyramiding, however it is important to get them out. Even here in the UK mine get out for around 75 full days a year. As long as it is over 60, they will be fine outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.