Tyrone is eating like a HORSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I always have fresh greens for him today was kale and dandelion and small amount of grated carrot... Today was also Mazuri day he ate the Mazuri like He hadn't been fed in a month, he then paced back and forth in his enclosure in and out of his clean water until it was filthy (no surprise there) he then went over to his greens and ate those ... More pacing, more in and out of the water more pacing before finally taking a long afternoon nap ... Only to wake up and pace about, so I gave him a soak figured he might be restless or need to poo. I put him back after 45 mins of trying to get out of his soak container and he went right to his food dish and stood there looking at it ... So I gave him some more greens ... And he ate it all gone!

Now what is up with that? He seemed extra hungry today! And is climbing all over everything in his enclosure, ( most of you will remember we just got him a bigger one a couple of weeks ago, because he was sleeping all the time and i replaced his UVB with a bigger MVB)I am not complaining mind you, just curious as to why all of a sudden I have super tort! Could it be the recent improvements? Or is he finally adjusting to not being able to go outside everyday

Watsonpartyof4 said:
I always have fresh greens for him today was kale and dandelion and small amount of grated carrot... Today was also Mazuri day he ate the Mazuri like He hadn't been fed in a month, he then paced back and forth in his enclosure in and out of his clean water until it was filthy (no surprise there) he then went over to his greens and ate those ... More pacing, more in and out of the water more pacing before finally taking a long afternoon nap ... Only to wake up and pace about, so I gave him a soak figured he might be restless or need to poo. I put him back after 45 mins of trying to get out of his soak container and he went right to his food dish and stood there looking at it ... So I gave him some more greens ... And he ate it all gone!

Now what is up with that? He seemed extra hungry today! And is climbing all over everything in his enclosure, ( most of you will remember we just got him a bigger one a couple of weeks ago, because he was sleeping all the time and i replaced his UVB with a bigger MVB)I am not complaining mind you, just curious as to why all of a sudden I have super tort! Could it be the recent improvements? Or is he finally adjusting to not being able to go outside everyday

image-1649306938.png

I don't know if you can see, but he has a piece of carrot hanging out like a cigar! He is too much!

image-2443825538.png

image-3353503714.png

image-4171094510.png

He he is safely off his log and making a run for the other end ... Still with carrot in mouth!

Ok ... I head this noise so I went to check on him and is is what I see.....

image-2294213007.png

Now tell me how did he do THAT?!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's too funny. The answer is probably a little of both. New light, enclosure, settling in. Now he's just decorating it to his liking:D

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
That's too funny. The answer is probably a little of both. New light, enclosure, settling in. Now he's just decorating it to his liking:D

Ha ahh haaa that cracks me up! He finally got so tired he just passed out! Didn't even go into any of his hides!

mattgrizzlybear said:
My little tommy ate a lot today as well!

Maybe they are storing up in preparation for the "Frankenstorm"! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.