Location (City and/or State)
Us
Just want to check if u guys think my tort looks healthy

06393734-133F-4058-A929-EC7D0A0FDF77.jpeg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's really hard to say from a photo. Tortoises are sick for a long time before they show any signs. He looks older and kind of battle scarred. His eyes are bright, I personally don't see anything wrong

Mosin

Us
That's really hard to say from a photo. Tortoises are sick for a long time before they show any signs. He looks older and kind of battle scarred. His eyes are bright, I personally don't see anything wrong
Thanks I got them from a pet store and they said he was around five but I did that shelf thing and it seems he may be 15 to 5 and I know a lot of Russian tortoises are taken from the wild so maybe he could’ve been a bit scratched up from the wild

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Is it possible to get a picture father away? I would like to see less tortoise and more of the things around him.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thanks I got them from a pet store and they said he was around five but I did that shelf thing and it seems he may be 15 to 5 and I know a lot of Russian tortoises are taken from the wild so maybe he could’ve been a bit scratched up from the wild
I wanted to say I thought he was wild caught because he's all scarred up. But what the hell, worm him and set him up nice and Russians make great pets. Oh, and you can't tell his age by counting growth lines, that's an old wives tale...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, in the picture his eyes look a bit squinty, but that might just be at the moment. Like Maggie said, it's hard to tell from a picture.