Uberfriendly tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern, PA, USA
Got a new Hermann's back in August. She (sex still undetermined) is about 1-2 years old. She is so friendly...she comes out to say hi when I come into the room, eats from my hand, let's me touch her head etc. my other older hermann's are much shyer than her. May it's because they could be wild caught (although I was assured captive bred when I got the pair)

Does anyone else have a friendly hermans?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Hermanns are known for having great personalities :) My Hermann loves head rubs and likes to climb the will when I come over (likely looking for food, but it's still cute!).

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I have one that is stand-offish, and four that are running up to me every time they see me. One of the friendly ones was just imported from a farmed situation in April and it didn't take her very long to figure out which side of the bread was buttered:)

CactusVinnie

10 Year Member!
Bucharest, Romania z6
Yes, as you, I have a smaller male, 12 cm WC from Greece, wich stayed about 2 years in an appartament- he's very sociable and fearless. The WC I got this spring, an adult male, was neglected in a yard and still keeping some shyness.
OTOH, I found Ibera at least as friendly; a WC female that escaped after capture in an almost 3 acres yard (very well fenced to keep chicken in and stray dogs out) wandered for 2 years and finally captured again. Quite shy, but after hibernation, she became very fearless in max. a month. So, I consider her initially having a "WC" behaviour, and much better in losing fear than the adult male Boettgeri.

Status
Not open for further replies.