Undigested matter in poop

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi all,

My little Russian has been off for the last few weeks. Quite lethargic, sleeps all day, East’s a little each day. He’s been inside quite a bit more than I would have liked due to weather, but the days that he has gone out he’s been fairly active.
I haven’t noticed much poop, but today he did a large one and although formed into the normal shape it just looked a bit wetter than normal. I decided to have a closer look and when I dissected it (gross I know) it was full of undigested matter.
I read it may mean he needs fibre? His diet hasn’t changed in the 14 months I’ve had him... he gets some leaves like lambs lettuce, frisée and radicio along with weeds that I have growing from my planters, dandelion, vetch, and some others I don’t know the name of.
Do you think I should send off a stool sample to rule out parasites?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi all,

My little Russian has been off for the last few weeks. Quite lethargic, sleeps all day, East’s a little each day. He’s been inside quite a bit more than I would have liked due to weather, but the days that he has gone out he’s been fairly active.
I haven’t noticed much poop, but today he did a large one and although formed into the normal shape it just looked a bit wetter than normal. I decided to have a closer look and when I dissected it (gross I know) it was full of undigested matter.
I read it may mean he needs fibre? His diet hasn’t changed in the 14 months I’ve had him... he gets some leaves like lambs lettuce, frisée and radicio along with weeds that I have growing from my planters, dandelion, vetch, and some others I don’t know the name of.
Do you think I should send off a stool sample to rule out parasites?
Stool sample is a good idea, keep soaking him. Zoo med grassland pellets really firm up poop:)

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Stool sample is a good idea, keep soaking him. Zoo med grassland pellets really firm up poop:)

He literally won’t eat any kind of pellet food. Tried for a long time. Pre Alpin, mazuri, even Komodo crap stuff but nope won’t touch it!

I’m going to send off for a kit and get the sample done.