Unhealthy Shell?

epencz

Location (City and/or State)
Indianapolis, IN
These are some pictures of my tortoise. She was my parents for 18 years and now that I have bought a house I am taking her. I am waiting for her outdoor enclosed to come in the mail. With my parents she was only kept inside with a heat lamp, as well as only fed red leaf lettuce with the occasional sprinkle of calcium powder. Now she will have both an indoor (With a UV lamp) and outdoor enclosure. She will be fed a larger variety of greens (Spring Mix, Kale, Mustard greens) as well as some petco food mixed in. I posted a picture of her on a Facebook group a bit worried because her shell has many pale spots and a couple chips. People had commented that she looks in very poor shape. I have an appointment at the vet in two weeks to get a wellness exam. In the meantime, can anyone verbalize what looks particularly wrong? Is it that he Scutes are all lopsided and pale? I thought that was just age.. Also if anyone has recommendations on anything else I can do, I would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_3510.jpeg
    IMG_3510.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3513.jpeg
    IMG_3513.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
Don’t listen to the people From FB. The tortoise doesn’t seem to Be in bad shape, the Carapace does look a bit scraped up but nothing to worry about. Try adding weeds to the diet, also taking your Tortoises to the Vet does more harm than good most of them do not know The basics.