Unwell tortoise?

James9811

Location (City and/or State)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi everyone

I’m really worried about my 1 year old horsefield. He hasn’t eaten in roughly 3 days and he just constantly wants to sleep. To the point where he’s actually going to sleep in his daily soak baths. Usually he loves them and doesn’t stop pacing back and forwards and dunking his head, but he’s just slept in it today. I have a vet appointment but it’s 2 weeks earliest with no emergency line and it’s the only exotic vet remotely close to me. Is there anything I can do to comfort him? It’s breaking my heart thinking he might be in pain, I just don’t know what to do

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We need more info. All the care info. Temps, basking, all over, night.
Substrate
Diet
Heating and lighting you are using
Humidity
Any calcium or vitamins being given
Pics of enclosure
All the info will help us to help you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone

I’m really worried about my 1 year old horsefield. He hasn’t eaten in roughly 3 days and he just constantly wants to sleep. To the point where he’s actually going to sleep in his daily soak baths. Usually he loves them and doesn’t stop pacing back and forwards and dunking his head, but he’s just slept in it today. I have a vet appointment but it’s 2 weeks earliest with no emergency line and it’s the only exotic vet remotely close to me. Is there anything I can do to comfort him? It’s breaking my heart thinking he might be in pain, I just don’t know what to do
Review this and make sure everything is correct. When they do this, it is because something in their environment is off. Be sure you have the correct sized enclosure, correct temps, correct lighting and correct substrate. People in the UK almost always have an enclosure that is too small, with the wrong lighting and wrong substrate.